Editor and Publisher
Art Director and Designer
CHRISTINA BATTLE, DAVID BURNHAM, WALTER FORSBERG, PETER NOWOGRODZKI
Back and Forth Series Editor
JONANTHAN COMEAU (Issue #1)
ADEKEMI GBADEBO, KATIE GLEYSTEEN (Issue #2)
STEPHEN GRAVES (Issue #3)
MAX KOTELCHUCK, PETER NOWOGRODZKI
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscriptions / Ordering: email@example.com
Guidelines for Contributors
We accept unsolicited pieces; however, it's recommended that you advise us first of an article idea or media work, receive our approval, and then proceed.
Articles and other writing can be submitted at any time. Print submissions may be sent as email attachments (in MS Word or Rich Text Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome time-based media (on miniDV or as Quicktime files). Email us for the mailing address.
At this time, there will be no payment of any sort to the contributors, as our funds are extremely limited. Contributors will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their work appears.
Please contact the Editor if you have any questions.
Copyright lies with the individual authors and artists. All views expressed in this journal are those of the authors and artists, not the editors (unless indicated).
The recommended maximum length for articles is 5,000 words.
* Computer-generate all copy: double-spaced throughout, including indented citations, endnotes or references, and allowing 1” margins at top and bottom of page and generous margins on the sides. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right hand corner.
* Sub-headings should be in uppercase BOLD.
* Use endnotes, not footnotes. Endnotes should be numbered consecutively and should correspond with numbers in the text. Citations should be in the Chicago format.
* All quotations, titles, names, and dates should be double-checked for accuracy. The same applies to references in the endnotes.
* Quotes should be designated by double quotation marks. Eg. Brakhage writes, “How many rainbows can light create for the untutored eye?”
* Quotes within quotes should be designated by single quotation marks.
* Quotations of more than two sentences/four lines should be indented, without quotation markers.
* Titles of films and videos should be italicised, in title case, and identified in parentheses by name of director and year of release. Eg. News from Home (Chantal Akerman, 1977).
* An actor’s name should be given in brackets after the first mention of a character name. Eg. Antoine Doinel (Jean-Pierre Léaud) in The 400 Blows (François Truffaut, 1959).
* “80s” instead of “80’s” or “eighties”
* September 9th instead of September 9
* Numbers zero through nine should be treated as words, while 10 and up should be written in numerical symbols.
* For simple series, a comma should be inserted before the “and.” Eg. Apples, bananas, and pears.